Thursday

Why Should We Hire You?

A typical interview question on why you would be the best candidate for the position, is "Why should we hire you?"
The best way to respond is to give concrete examples of why your skills and accomplishments make you the best candidate for the job. Take a few moments to compare the job description with your abilities.

1) If the job is relevant to what you have done in the past, then mention what you have accomplished & your contributions including experience in the previous company that you can bring value to the current company. Eg, I have manage to improve the process yield from 90% to consistently maintain it at 97% through various introducing improvements on equipments. Adding on to that, I believe that being in quality, customer complaints is a key indicator of success. Another success is that I manage to reduce the customer complaints to a very minimum figure. With my past achievements, I believe that I am able to bring value to your company.

2) If the job is not relevant or you plan to move into something different, talk about your skill sets or your passion & motivation that will bring you ahead from others in the industry / company you are applying for. Eg, I may not have the relevant experience but with my outgoing personality & my experience liaising with internal & external parties in my previous job, I believe sales would the right fit for me to grow in my career.

No comments: